Author: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 10:58:20 -0800
Merge tag 'for-linus-20190127' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
Pull block revert from Jens Axboe:
"Silly error snuck into a patch from the last series, let's do a revert
to avoid a potential use-after-free"
* tag 'for-linus-20190127' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block:
Revert "block: cover another queue enter recursion via BIO_QUEUE_ENTERED"
2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
diff --git a/block/blk-core.c b/block/blk-core.c
@@ -1083,18 +1083,7 @@ blk_qc_t generic_make_request(struct bio *bio)
/* Create a fresh bio_list for all subordinate requests */
bio_list_on_stack = bio_list_on_stack;
- * Since we're recursing into make_request here, ensure
- * that we mark this bio as already having entered the queue.
- * If not, and the queue is going away, we can get stuck
- * forever on waiting for the queue reference to drop. But
- * that will never happen, as we're already holding a
- * reference to it.
- bio_set_flag(bio, BIO_QUEUE_ENTERED);
ret = q->make_request_fn(q, bio);
- bio_clear_flag(bio, BIO_QUEUE_ENTERED);
/* sort new bios into those for a lower level
* and those for the same level
diff --git a/block/blk-merge.c b/block/blk-merge.c
@@ -272,6 +272,16 @@ void blk_queue_split(struct request_queue *q, struct bio **bio)
/* there isn't chance to merge the splitted bio */
split->bi_opf |= REQ_NOMERGE;
+ * Since we're recursing into make_request here, ensure
+ * that we mark this bio as already having entered the queue.
+ * If not, and the queue is going away, we can get stuck
+ * forever on waiting for the queue reference to drop. But
+ * that will never happen, as we're already holding a
+ * reference to it.
+ bio_set_flag(*bio, BIO_QUEUE_ENTERED);
trace_block_split(q, split, (*bio)->bi_iter.bi_sector);