Author: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:11:36 -0800
Merge tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux
Pull late arm64 fixes from Will Deacon:
"Three small arm64 fixes for 5.0.
They fix a build breakage with clang introduced in 4.20, an oversight
in our sigframe restoration relating to the SSBS bit and a boot fix
for systems with newer revisions of our interrupt controller.
- Fix handling of PSTATE.SSBS bit in sigreturn()
- Fix version checking of the GIC during early boot
- Fix clang builds failing due to use of NEON in the crypto code"
* tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux:
arm64: Relax GIC version check during early boot
arm64/neon: Disable -Wincompatible-pointer-types when building with Clang
arm64: fix SSBS sanitization
3 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/arm64/include/asm/neon-intrinsics.h b/arch/arm64/include/asm/neon-intrinsics.h
@@ -36,4 +36,8 @@
+#pragma clang diagnostic ignored "-Wincompatible-pointer-types"
#endif /* __ASM_NEON_INTRINSICS_H */
diff --git a/arch/arm64/kernel/head.S b/arch/arm64/kernel/head.S
@@ -539,8 +539,7 @@ set_hcr:
/* GICv3 system register access */
mrs x0, id_aa64pfr0_el1
ubfx x0, x0, #24, #4
- cmp x0, #1
- b.ne 3f
+ cbz x0, 3f
mrs_s x0, SYS_ICC_SRE_EL2
orr x0, x0, #ICC_SRE_EL2_SRE // Set ICC_SRE_EL2.SRE==1
diff --git a/arch/arm64/kernel/ptrace.c b/arch/arm64/kernel/ptrace.c
@@ -1702,19 +1702,20 @@ void syscall_trace_exit(struct pt_regs *regs)
- * SPSR_ELx bits which are always architecturally RES0 per ARM DDI 0487C.a
- * We also take into account DIT (bit 24), which is not yet documented, and
- * treat PAN and UAO as RES0 bits, as they are meaningless at EL0, and may be
- * allocated an EL0 meaning in future.
+ * SPSR_ELx bits which are always architecturally RES0 per ARM DDI 0487D.a.
+ * We permit userspace to set SSBS (AArch64 bit 12, AArch32 bit 23) which is
+ * not described in ARM DDI 0487D.a.
+ * We treat PAN and UAO as RES0 bits, as they are meaningless at EL0, and may
+ * be allocated an EL0 meaning in future.
* Userspace cannot use these until they have an architectural meaning.
* Note that this follows the SPSR_ELx format, not the AArch32 PSR format.
* We also reserve IL for the kernel; SS is handled dynamically.
#define SPSR_EL1_AARCH64_RES0_BITS \
- (GENMASK_ULL(63,32) | GENMASK_ULL(27, 25) | GENMASK_ULL(23, 22) | \
- GENMASK_ULL(20, 10) | GENMASK_ULL(5, 5))
+ (GENMASK_ULL(63, 32) | GENMASK_ULL(27, 25) | GENMASK_ULL(23, 22) | \
+ GENMASK_ULL(20, 13) | GENMASK_ULL(11, 10) | GENMASK_ULL(5, 5))
#define SPSR_EL1_AARCH32_RES0_BITS \
- (GENMASK_ULL(63,32) | GENMASK_ULL(23, 22) | GENMASK_ULL(20,20))
+ (GENMASK_ULL(63, 32) | GENMASK_ULL(22, 22) | GENMASK_ULL(20, 20))
static int valid_compat_regs(struct user_pt_regs *regs)